MET-CON 3000 is a completely clear, low V.O.C., deep penetrating sealer that protects the entire salt storage building from rust and corrosion damage. It is equally adept at protecting your concrete from spalling, wood from rotting, and metal components from rusting away. So, whether you are constructing a new salt storage building or simply what to get more life out of your existing salt storage building, use MET-CON 3000.
MET-CON 3000 solves four common salt storage building problems:
- Salt and Chlorides migrating. Unsealed concrete will allow salt and chlorides to migrate through the open capillaries of the concrete and start attacking the reinforcing rebar.
- Wood rot. Untreated wood attracts the hydroscopic salt and moisture, accelerating the rotting process.
- Pitting and spalling of concrete. Once unprotected concrete is damaged, it starts to flake off a little at a time, soon though, your floor or short wall will begin to fail. This leads to costly repairs or premature replacement of you salt storage building.
- Soil or groundwater contamination. Damaged concrete allows the salt and chlorides to migrate into the soil and groundwater creating environmental issues and possible EPA fines.
MET-CON 3000 can be applied to any concrete, wood or metal surface that needs protection. Our customers use it on the following surfaces:
- Cement short walls or stub walls
- Concrete pads and shop floors
- Wood walls, poles or beams
- Metal components on doors, gates or fences
- Salt loading equipment, like front-end loaders and skid steers
- Painted surfaces, like the exterior of salt spreaders, plows, and truck tailgates
- Sidewalks and wheelchair ramps
- Electrical wiring
- Metal street sign poles
- Fire hydrants
Use MET-CON 3000 in your operation and enjoy the following benefits:
- Completely seals your concrete – stops pitting and spalling of concrete cause by salts and chlorides!
- Protects rebar – prevents the penetration of corrosive salt water from reaching the metal rebar!
- Prevents wood rot – provides a clear barrier against moisture attraction from hydroscopic salt!
- Coats metal components – stopping rust and corrosion damage!
- Safeguards against soil and groundwater contamination – by sealing the open capillaries of concrete, preventing salts and chlorides from seeping into the soil or groundwater!
- Low VOC’s – meets today’s stricter environmental regulations!
- Investment protection – with tighter budgets, protection is much the cheaper option then replacement!
MET-CON 3000 is currently being used by the following:
- State DOT’S
- County Road and Bridge Departments
- Municipal Street Departments
- Special Road Districts
- Private Snow Plowing Contractors
- Toll Roads
- Department of Defense
- National Park Service
- Universities and Colleges
- School Districts
Request information about our products
Call 1-800-688-6221 between 7:30am and 5:00pm CST to speak to customer service or simply fill out this form and we will get back to you.